4.21.2018

Birthday NPC

A friend of mine (who is also my DM) recently had his birthday, and when I told him to name me a character and I'd sketch it for him (quite selfish on my part: I still have a looooong way to go on this 365 Project) he did me one better and told me to roll up an NPC and illustrate that, and then he'd put it in our Game somewhere.  I then accused him of being a Hobbit, and giving out gifts on his own birthday.

Well apparently the Universe liked the whole "Hobbit" idea, because here's what came out:
Yes, a bald halfling.  The dice deities, they have senses of humor.
Here are the traits I rolled for her, as well as the commentary I went back and added to each trait as she became a Whole (Half?) Person in my brain:

Distinctive Physical Feature: Bald (she got tired of her hair catching fire)
High Ability: Wisdom (notices details, even if she then trips over them)
Low Ability: Dex (hence hair catching fire and perforated eardrum and lots of little knife and burn scars)
Talent: Expert Cook (chef, really, because CREATIVITY)
Mannerism: Speaks Loudly (perforated eardrum from childhood)
Interaction Trait: Curious (about people in general but with a special interest in food they've encountered)
Chaotic Ideal: Creativity (specifically with food)
Bond: Protection of Valuable Possession (workbook)
Flaw: Arrogance (about her cooking but also it's merited?)

So that was an extremely fun exercise that satisfied my Project on the 19th-21st.  In case you're wondering, her outfit is dragon-hide, because when you're that clumsy of a cook you need some seriously fire-proof clothing.  And steel-toed boots, for that matter.  Those pink speckles you see all over her hands and face are burn and knife scars.  She's a mess!  But her food is awesome, so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment