2.14.2017

Love Fest 2017

It's that time of year again, Gentle Valentines!

YES THAT'S RIGHT IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY WHAT GAVE IT AWAY??

Ha ha ha ha hah who am I kidding?  It's Second Best Holiday time, and I can't even pretend to be coy about it.  I've been sitting on this blog entry for almost two weeks now, and I'm super excited to share it with you, because this year, for the first time ever, I exploited my child for my own nefarious crafting devices.

Behold!  The Valentine Process of 2017!

I got it into my head that I wanted to do something with Neeps's foot prints.  I didn't know what, exactly, but something.  So when my good friend Kayla came up for a visit the other weekend, I took advantage of her presence to create a scenario in which the adults actually out-numbered the toddler (true fact: a two-to-one adult-to-kid ratio is actually an equal match) so that we could wrangle him into walking about on some poster-board with painted-up feet.

Looking suspiciously like evidence in a crime scene...
It was a good call on my part, and you'll notice that there are no photos of the actual Event, because Gentle Readers it legitimately took all three of us to make it happen without too much of a mess (Kayla and I still ended up with paint on our pants.  But that's why I bought tempera.)

We cleaned up his adorable little feet...
...mostly...

...and then I hurried up and waited for things to dry.  Once that was done, I armed Neeps with a marker and let him (somewhat) loose:
ACTION SHOT!

Yes, yes, nice use of linework to bring visual flow to the piece.
And then Neeps and I had a bit of a disagreement over whether or not markers are for eating:
This is the face of Ultimate Betrayal, in case you were wondering.
At which point he rage-quit over Creative Differences, and I finished the project up on my own by creating a heart template and placing it with Intention...
Oh-so-faint pencil lines.
...and then cutting and cutting and cutting.
I MAY have gotten carried away.  Maybe.
Ooo, ARTISTIC shot.
Then I came out of my Crafting Trance and realized I'd literally made over 70 little paint-splotched hearts.  Which turned out to be a good thing in the long run, but that's another story.  For now, let's take a look at how some of the Real Actual Valentines turned out!
Glue sticks and card stock are our friends, kids.

So are clever little quips.
And now, of course, the Annual Sharing of What I Did for Nathan's Valentine!
I used one of the more abstract images- it kind of reminded me of leaves.

Kind of a little throw back to 2015's Valentine*.

Our House Motto is "Secrets and Lies".  We're a strange family.

So there you have it- another Valentine Triumph.  And who knows?  Later today I might actually have some more to share, like whatever Nathan does for me.

EDITED TO ADD:
THIS awesomeness!!
(Nathan won Valentine's Day this year, the jerk.)


*In case you missed that year's entry

No comments:

Post a Comment