11.06.2011

Detox: Day Twenty-One (or: Free At Last!)

Here it is, my final "detox" entry (knock on wood).  Aren't you excited?  I know I sure as heck am, as I plan on allowing myself a single piece of chocolate this evening to celebrate my return to the world of (new)normal eating.  And I'm definitely going out on some decent food:

Breakfast: four pieces of Canadian bacon (aka ham) (eaten on the go, because we had places to be)
Lunch: lots of raspberries and strawberries
Dinner: lamb burgers topped with mashed up avocados seasoned with cilantro, cumin, lime juice and bacon.  So very Mexican-y and delicious!

Just wrap and enjoy!

Now, as much as I'd like to just jump back in to all my old favorite foods at once (baked potato stuffed with butter and mushrooms and cheese and sour cream and hell some chili while we're at it?  Yesplease!) the reality of the situation is that I'm now to ease myself back into naughty foods, taking it slowly so I can process how my body... well, processes each new thing.  I debated for a long time on what to go back to first, and (as you may have guessed) sugars won out.  Hence the piece of dark chocolate this evening.  Tomorrow morning it will be a smoothie with some high-glycemic fruits (hello banana base!) and my vanilla coconut milk.  In a few days, who knows?  Maybe grains.  Maybe eggs.  We'll see how I feel...

In the meantime, expect this blog to get back to more fictional-type writings.  I figure NaNo is a great time for me to toss out some excerpts, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting through your full 3 weeks of super strict food intake!

    careful with the grains! I just want you to feel your best. I'd lean towards risking sugar over grains...but that's coming from a sugar addict.

    got a few more recipes posted this weekend...and cooked up three more this evening (just have to post this week).

    Love you so much! I'm so proud of you! Hope you continue to feel well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely went for sugar first- but man, it swiftly became VERY obvious that my body is no longer content with no-protein-at-breakfast-times. Ugh I felt AWFUL come ten-thirty! So eggs is most definitely next on the reintroduction list!

    ReplyDelete